Smallmouth Bass Fishing
Walleye Fishing
Northern Pike Fishing
Whitefish Fishing
Fishing Tips

Fishing Photos
Conservation Practices
Map of Prairie Bee Lake
Camp Boats

Black Bear Hunting
Bear Hunt Details
Hunting Photos

Cabin 1
Cabin 2
Cabin 3
Cabin 4
Game Room
Outpost Camp
Lake Photos

Contact Us & Location
Fishing Rates
What to Bring for Fishing


What to Bring

  • Passport or U.S. Passport Card: Children 15 and under are not required to have a passport card or passport book if traveling by land to Canada. They will need their birth certificate (with a raised seal). If the child is not traveling with BOTH PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS, make sure you have a signed consent from parent or guardian not traveling with the child.

  • Bath towel, washcloth and kitchen towel
  • Clothing for any temperature (hot or cold)
  • Sleeping bags and/or blankets
  • First Aid kit
  • Coastguard approved lifejackets
  • Gloves for early spring or late fall
  • Rain gear & waterproof footwear
  • Fishing gear and tackle
  • Landing net & minnow bucket
  • Weigh Scale and fillet knife
  • Food and beverage can be purchased in Chapleau
  • Toiletries
  • Personal medications
  • Sunscreen and lip balm (15 SPF or better)
  • Flashlight (Waterproof is best)
  • Sunglasses & hat
  • Camera (please send copies of catch and release big fish to us for our photo galleries)
  • Paper products such as paper towels and napkins
  • Bug repellent (10% DEET or better) & bug coils
  • GPS or compass can come in handy
  • Mosquito Coils
  • Lighter or matches
  • Spare set of vehicle & boat keys

    Required Boat Safety Gear:

    If you bring your own boat, Ontario water safety regulations require your boat to be equipped with the following items. There is a good chance you will be stopped for a boat safety check:

  • Anchor and rope
  • Paddles
  • Bailing tin
  • Non-projectile signaling device such as an air-horn or whistle
  • Coastguard approved lifejackets
  • Waterproof flashlight with good batteries in the flashlight
  • A 30-foot rope with a floatation device attached to the end for rescue situations

    Pleasure Craft Operator Card:

  • As of Sept. 15, 2009. all resident powerboat operators must obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card. Currently, a Pleasure Craft Operator Card is not required in order to operate a rented watercraft. Instead, it is sufficient for a renter to complete a rental safety checklist.

  • Non-residents do not need a Boat Operators Card unless they are in Ontario for more than 45 days.